ReferenceBusiness Development Executive
The role – what we’re looking for
At Backbone Connect we have built a business around a successful, focused and fun sales team. We believe that to be successful in the IT industry, you have to be smart, disruptive and agile, and our team is just that. We are expanding due to our success and are looking to add new Sales Consultants in our new Connected Sales Team.
As a Connected Sales Consultant you will be responsible for generating sales from new business prospects. The role requires the skills to generate and manage your own sales pipeline from lead generation through to close. You’ll have the added benefit of powerful sales tools – data-driven marketing campaigns, a sophisticated CRM and powerful lead generation software – to assist as you build a pipeline of consistent and regular monthly revenue.
As this is a mid-level role there is a training programme in place to enhance your career path in Sales, your first month will be focused on training. Initially on connectivity sales training and helping you get to the stage you can start earning commission around your targets. Training around; sales playbook, objection handling, company presentation and Backbone Story, customer calling and follow-up, our services e.g. connectivity, etc. Month Two and Three onwards focusses more on your customer interaction and supporting you reaching your targets further. In the next few quarters, your sales career path will kick in with further product training and customer role-play and meetings, in areas you feel that you need focus on. Including training in: Presentation skills, role play, leading customer meetings, technical (if needed)
Ideal skill-set and experience:
- 1 or more years’ experience in an IT/Telco sales role – ideally with an interest in selling MPLS, VPLS, DIA, managed services, telecommunications, data centre or cloud services.
- Excellent written, communication and presentation skills
- A proven track record of winning new business
- A positive, can do attitude
- Generate new business sales to target, managing the sales cycle from initial contact to close
- Developing strong relationships with new customers at all levels
- Qualifying potential new opportunities and working with the Connectivity Team to enhance our pitch and introduction presentations
- Highlighting and working with all relevant levels within customer organisations to advance sales cycle to close
- Working collaboratively internally to ensure our customer solution is technically more relevant and a better fit than competitive offers.
- Support from active marketing department through paid search, advanced digital marketing campaigns and telemarketing
- Lead generation through follow-up to digital marketing campaigns, telemarketing, networking and referrals
- Reporting to the business – to include accurate sales forecasting