ReferenceSenior Business Development Manager
At Backbone Connect we have built a business around a successful, focused and fun sales team. We believe that to be successful in the IT industry, you have to be smart, disruptive and agile, and our team is just that. We are expanding due to our success and are looking to add a new Senior Business Development Manager to the team.
As Senior Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for generating sales from new business prospects. The role requires the skills to generate and manage your own sales pipeline from lead generation through to close. You’ll have the added benefit of powerful sales tools – data-driven marketing campaigns, a sophisticated CRM and powerful lead generation software – to assist as you build a pipeline of consistent and regular monthly revenue.
As this is senior role there is an expectation you will have a solid understanding of customer relationship building and its complexities from tender processes to full sales lifecycle development within differing organisation structures. A training program will be in place to enhance your career path in Business Development and your first month will be focused on training. Training around; sales playbook, company presentation and Backbone Story, customer calling and follow-up, our services e.g. connectivity, etc.
Ideal skill-set and experience:
- 5 or more years’ experience in an IT/Telco sales/business development role – ideally with an interest in selling MPLS, VPLS, DIA, managed services, telecommunications, data centre or cloud services.
- Excellent written, communication and presentation skills
- A proven track record of winning new business
- A positive can-do attitude
- Generate new business sales to target, managing the sales cycle from initial contact to close
- Developing strong relationships with new customers at all levels
- Qualifying potential new opportunities and working with the Team to enhance our pitch and introduction presentations for all services
- Highlighting and working with all relevant levels within customer organisations to advance sales cycle to close
- Working collaboratively internally to ensure our customer solution is technically more relevant and a better fit than competitive offers.
- Utilising support from active marketing department through paid search, advanced digital marketing campaigns and telemarketing
- Lead generation through follow-up to digital marketing campaigns, telemarketing, networking and referrals
- Reporting to the business – to include accurate sales forecasting