ReferenceBusiness Development Trainee
The role – what we’re looking for
Backbone Connect are a business built around a successful, focused and fun sales team. We believe that to be successful in the IT industry you have to be smart, disruptive and agile. Our teams are just that. Our growth plans for 2019 include a new intake of ambitious future sales people for our Academy. The Academy is our training ground for the next generation of sales talent to be fast-tracked into our sales team. It provides a 12 month training programme designed to turn ambitious candidates, new to IT and/or sales, into skilled salespeople ready to work in a fast-paced, highly rewarding environment.
As an Academy Business Development Executive (BDE) you’ll be following a comprehensive sales training syllabus, while refining your sales skills in the real world by building a pipeline of prospects with the purpose of generating meetings for our Sales Team. You will be actively engaged in approaching our industry verticals, developing new and exciting customer relationships and generating sales from new business prospects. We are committed to offering our Academy Sales Team the focus and support to enable them target and start conversations with new prospects. Our Sales Academy Programme develops sales people to sell Cloud computing, voice, data and connectivity solutions.
You’ll have the added benefit of powerful sales tools – data-driven marketing campaigns, a sophisticated CRM and powerful lead generation software – to assist as you build a pipeline of consistent and regular monthly team and individual revenue.
Ideal skill-set and experience:
- Graduate in Business Admin/IT/Telco fields – ideally with an interest in selling MPLS, VPLS, DIA, managed services, telecommunications, data centre or cloud services.
- Excellent written, communication and presentation skills
- An interest in learning about Sales roles and winning new business
- A positive, can do attitude
- Generate new business sales to target, managing the sales cycle from initial contact to meeting with customer
- Support from active marketing department through paid search, advanced digital marketing campaigns and telemarketing
- Lead generation through follow-up to digital marketing campaigns, telemarketing, networking and referrals
- Reporting to the business – to include accurate sales forecasting