ReferenceSenior Busienss Development Manager (Healthcare)
At Backbone Connect we have built a business around a successful, focused and fun sales team. We believe that to be successful in the IT industry, you have to be smart, disruptive and agile, and our team is just that. We are expanding due to our success and are looking to add a new Senior Business Development Manager to the team.
As Senior Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for generating sales from new business prospects and working with the Head of Sales to develop key relationships within one of our core industry verticals – public sector, specifically large government departments eg Health Service. You will be responsible for building out and developing the HSCN sales strategy specifically targeting the healthcare space. Ideally you will already have an established network within this area.
The role requires the skills to generate and manage your own sales pipeline from lead generation through to close. You’ll have the added benefit of powerful sales tools – data-driven marketing campaigns, a sophisticated CRM and powerful lead generation software – to assist as you build a pipeline of consistent and regular monthly revenue.
As this is senior role there is an expectation you will have a solid understanding of public sector customer relationship building and its complexities including tender processes, procurement to full sales lifecycle development within differing structures within NHS/similar organisation. You will have a seasoned and knowledgable approach to working within the Health Services/similar organisations, with contacts and visibility on key decision makers within.
A training program will be in place to enhance your career path in Tech Business Development and your first month will be focused on training.
Ideal skill-set and experience:
- 5 or more years’ experience in a Sales development role within a public sector vertical; ideally IT – with an interest in selling infrastructure/connectivity, managed services, data centre, WAN or cloud services.
- Excellent written, communication and presentation skills
- A proven track record of winning new business
- A positive can-do attitude
- Generate new business sales to target, manage the sales cycle from initial contact to close
- Developing strong relationships with new customers at all levels
- Qualifying potential new opportunities and working with the Team to enhance our pitch and introduction presentations for all services
- Highlighting and working with all relevant levels within customer organisations to advance sales cycle to close
- Working collaboratively internally to ensure our customer solution is technically more relevant and a better fit than competitive offers.
- Utilising support from active marketing department
- Reporting to the business – to include accurate sales forecasting