ReferenceProject Apprentice - Business Administrator
The role – what we’re looking for
At Backbone Connect we have built a business around successful, focused and fun delivery teams. We believe that to be successful in the IT industry, you must be smart, disruptive and agile, and our team is just that.
We are looking to recruit a Provisioning Project Administrator Apprentice to join our expanding team of five Project Managers. As part of our team you’ll get an opportunity to be involved with the ordering of circuits from multiple carriers to support our project management team.
Reporting to the Backbone Connect Project Management Team Leader. You will be part of a highly customer focused team, interacting and liaising constantly with customers, carriers/suppliers, our sales team and service desk, to deliver and enhance the full life-cycle of our solutions to a number of customers.
Ideal personal skill-set and experience:
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent (including English Language and Maths at Grades C or above or levels 4-9)
- To be a team player who can think for yourself
- Excellent organisation skills
- Exceptional communication skills, written and oral across all levels
- Creative, innovative, and willing to learn
- A strong analytical mind and preferably an interest in IT!
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills
- A positive, can do attitude, willing to go the extra mile
This is a key role in the organization, as a Provisioning Project Administrator Apprentice the core areas you will be responsible for:
- Key co-ordination of orders with Carriers.
- Escalation point for Carriers and Project Managers for delays.
- Obtaining quotes with pricing from carriers and suppliers
- Building and managing strong relationships with all of Backbone Connects carriers and suppliers, assisting with vendor management.
- Reporting on vendor ordering performance.
- Assist Project team with setting up of new projects.
- Occasional admin support for project managers.