ReferenceProject Manager - Team Lead
The role – what we’re looking for
At Backbone Connect we have built a business around a successful, focused and fun sales team. We believe that to be successful in the IT industry, you have to be smart, disruptive and agile, and our team is just that. We are expanding due to our success and are looking to add new Sales Consultants in our new Connected Sales Team.
We are looking to recruit a Project Manager Team Leader with a background in preferably the IT industry with knowledge of end to end connectivity solutions and services, including networking, datacentres, and cloud solutions reporting to the Backbone Connect Service Delivery Manager.
You will be part of a highly customer focused team, interacting and liaising constantly with our engineers, sales team and service desk to deliver the full lifecycle of our connectivity solution to a number of customers.
This is a key role in the organization, with an expectation that the successful candidate has the capability to lead by example in servicing and managing all aspects of the project, including scoping, roll-out, resourcing customer liaison and reporting externally and internally on their projects.
- Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Develop detailed project plans and track progress.
- Manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and budget
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Create and maintain relevant project documentation
- Identify and understand stakeholders concerns and actively identify & manage risk within projects
- Work with the project teams to ensure first class communication and facilitate cooperation
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for flawless execution
- Identify process improvement opportunities
- Participate in and facilitate workshops
- Report on progress and escalate issues to management as needed
- Support Service Delivery Manangering governance and reporting
- Effective internal communications via project stand-ups, team meetings to ensure company-wide visibility of status, plan and actions
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Backbone Connect services and solutions and use this knowledge to challenge and refine customer projects
- Share knowledge within the team to continually improve working practices and improving productivity and profitability of other projects
- Can do attitude
- Ability to work in a pressurised, changing environment and to manage multiple priorities and levels of complexity
- Initiative and willingness to challenge status quo
- Curious and sceptical with high attention to detail
- Personally credible, taking responsibility and ownership
- Leads by example
- Does not compromise standards; second-best is not good enough
- Self-starter with ability to ‘get things done’, consulting where appropriate
- Excellent communicator who is able to engage effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- Culturally sensitive and used to operating in a multi-culture businesses
Team Lead specific skills:
- Supports team manager and performs management duties when manager is absent or out of office.
- Manages inventories and stock, including keeping detailed records of inventory use and sales, and advising management on ordering where necessary.
- Provides encouragement to team members, including communicating team goals and identifying areas for new training or skill checks.
- Assists management with hiring processes and new team member training.
- Answers team member questions, helps with team member problems, and oversees team member work for quality and guideline compliance.
- Communicates deadlines and sales goals to team members.
- Develops strategies to promote team member adherence to company regulations and performance goals.
- Conducts team meetings to update members on best practices and continuing expectations.
- Generates and shares comprehensive and detailed reports about team performance, mission-related objectives, and deadlines.
- Ensures company brand materials and physical working spaces meet and exceed company presentation standards.
- Provides quality customer service, including interacting with customers, answering customer inquiries, and effectively handling customer complaints.